Pt 101368

“RiderScan – Manage Horses with RFID Barn Open Source Hardware Management System” made for Misty Brae Farm of Virginia… Miax writes -

This is a demo of the RiderScan system; an RFID barn management system made for Misty Brae Farm of Virginia. Using an Arduino Mega Protoshield and lots of Acrylic. I have a forum post with more details here

I saw this project “live” on latest google+ hangout “show-and-tell” (full vide here) it’s amazing and one of my favorite projects. It’s becoming possible for anyone with a business to make a custom solution like this that would normally cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and require tons of staff to get right.

Phillip Torrone

Editor at large – Make magazine. Creative director – Adafruit Industries, contributing editor – Popular Science. Previously: Founded – Hack-a-Day, how-to editor – Engadget, Director of product development – Fallon Worldwide, Technology Director – Braincraft.

Comments

1. Bill Sanders says:

Has anyone else used this system. How easy is it really. We are looking for a product like this for our adjacent barn. We run a pest control company in a rural area, and have animals as well. I could see this being a deterrent for coyotes as well. Am I understanding this correctly?

2. Bill Sanders says:

3. Bill Sanders says:

4. Bill Sanders says:

The Crane Stand is the most stable portable laptop stand in the world. Don’t let your laptop on everything else.

6. Dennis Hobson says:

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for
    pallet | acompanhantes