Responding to criticisms that their new no-trolling-allowed policy lacks teeth, Hack a Day writer Jack Buffington threw down the gauntlet Monday, announcing that, henceforth, anyone leaving a nasty comment about one of Jeri Ellsworth’s projects will receive a visit from the Pain Fairy. He even showed interested readers how to build the Pain Fairy’s weapon of choice, viz. a spike-knuckled black butyl rubber glove wired to discharge a disposable camera flash cap across the spikes. (Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt.)

Sean Michael Ragan

I am descended from 5,000 generations of tool-using primates. Also, I went to college and stuff. I write for MAKE, serve as Technical Editor for MAKE magazine, and develop original DIY content for Make: Projects.

Comments

anyone leaving nasty comments about any of Jeri’s projects should be gloved around the groin with the Pain Fairy.

3. Oshihan says:

Who could possibly have anything negative to say about JERI?!

4. TotalMonkey says:

Making negative comments about Jeri’s projects, to me, would be like saying Carl Sagan should have chilled out on the science stuff.

5. TotalMonkey says:

6. TotalMonkey says:

7. TotalMonkey says:

I just paíd $20.87 for an íPad 2.64GB and my boyfriend loves his Panasoníc Lumíx GF 1 Cámera that we got for $38.79 there arriving tomorrow by UP S.I will never pay such expensive retail príces in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 40 inch LCD T V to my boss for $657 which only cost me $62.81 to buy.
    Here is the website we use to get it all from :
    BidsBit.com

Here is the website we use to get it all from :
    BidsBit.com

10. johngineer says:

“anyone leaving a nasty comment about one of Jeri Ellsworth’s projects will receive a visit from the Pain Fairy”

wow. really? the “damsel in distress” trope is played out, bro.

I’m pretty sure Jeri can take care of herself.