Jimmie Rogers teaches one person at a time how to solder at Maker Faire Bay Area 2011. For only one dollar, participants can buy a kit with a small PCB, a battery, and flashing LED all mounted on a cute robot pin. Jimmie and Mitch Altman have taught thousands to solder at Maker Faire over the years, and we love that its become tradition.
Check out more videos from Maker Faire Bay Area 2011.
- Make: Live 2/9/11 – Soldering (video)
- Electronic Merit Badge on Make: Projects
- LoL shield proves that you can’t have too many LEDs (also available from Maker Shed)
- Toolbox: Soldering essentials
- Super learn-to-solder roundup