Check out this cheap and easy way to create a durable stuff sack for hiking or camping out of a Tyvek mailer, a length of paracord, and some dental floss. [via lifehacker]

Adam Flaherty

I make cool stuff and write about other people making cool stuff on makezine.com. If you have something you think I should see, send me a tip.

Comments

1. Nikoli says:

Um, website at the very end is misspelled! OOP! :)

2. Nikoli says:

Um, website at the very end is misspelled! OOP! :)

3. Steve DiBartolomeo says:

I am a photographer and would love to use Tyvek as a large light diffuser or reflector for outside shoots. However I can only find Tyvek in the Home Depo (and other) stores with the logo printed across the material over and over. Does anyone know of a source of large Tyvek sheets (just like they use for houses) but without the logo? I tried to contact the manufacturer but could not find a contact to get to.

1. Melissa Brown says:

try http://www.uline.com and search on Tyvek. You can purchase it by the roll.

One problem- every tyvek mailer I get usually has a giant mailing label / packing slip thing stuck the one whole side of it.  I mean, I could pretend it’s not there as long as the bag is turned inside out and it’s not visible, but my OCD side has issues with that.

Also, an alternative to using USPS envelopes would be to purchase a pack of tyvek mailers from your favorite office supply store…

5. joemosfet says:

Just FYI,

“This packaging is the property of the U.S. Postal Service and is provided solely for use in sending Priority Mail shipments. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.”I’m sure you’d be fine, but I wouldn’t head over to the post office and pick up a pile, turn em into bags and sell them on the internet.