You can’t help yourself when you see an air cannon. You have to ask for a demonstration. “Let’s try it,” said President Obama, wanting to see Joey Hudy’s “Extreme Marshmallow Shooter” in action. Later, he added: “The Secret Service won’t like this.”
After getting the President to help pump it up, Joey pulled the trigger and the marshmallow cannon worked. The crowd went wild. Congratulations, Joey. Joey and his project became the center of attention for the event, which celebrated efforts to engage kids in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
Over 778 sources were covering Joey and the “extreme marshmallow cannon”, according to Google News. Here’s a sampling.
- New York Times: Obama Announces Education Initiatives at White House Science Fair
- Washington Post: President Fires Marshmallow Cannon
- Huffpost: Obama Makes ‘Special Plea’ To Press: Pay Attention To White House Science Fair Winners
- Whitehouse.gov: President Obama Launches a Marshmallow Cannon
- National Journal: Obama Shoots Marshmallow Through State Dining Room at Science Fair
I’d say Joey went to Washington and made something happen.