Are you looking for a robust, no nonsense way to control AC loads from your Arduino or other microcontroller? Check out the PowerSwitch Tail II, available in the Maker Shed! The PowerSwitch Tail lets you control up to 15 amps of current without worrying about the extremely unpleasant side effects that can come from faulty wiring. Controlling the PowerSwitch Tail is simple. Since it activates using a 3-12 vdc (3-30ma) input, all you have to do is wire it up as you would an LED. No additional circuitry is required! An internal opto-isolator ensures that no stray voltage will get into your microcontroller or computer.
- AC input: NEMA 5-15P Plug, standard 120VAC with ground.
- AC output: NEMA 5-15R Receptacle, standard 120VAC with ground.
- Switching capacity: 15A @ 125VAC
- Life expectancy: 100,000 operations @ 15A, 125VAC, resistive
- DC input: 3-12vdc, 3-30ma; terminal block accepts #14-30 AWG wire.
- Operate times: 15 ms max actuate, 10 ms max release.
- DC to AC circuit isolation: 5300Vrms
- Protection: AC side protected with 150vac MOV. DC is transient free
- Indicator: LED indicates when dc side is energized.
- Mounting: Two #6 screws or free standing