RedPark just announced a new version of their iOS cable and it’s available right now in the Maker Shed! This revised cable allows you to hook your iDevice up to an Arduino with no soldering or jailbreaking required. The new cable works just as the RS-232 terminated version except RedPark has make a few internal changes so that it communicates over TTL serial (the same serial protocol used by an Arduino.) Eliminating the need for a TTL adapter means it’s never been easier to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to an external microcontroller for enhanced sensing and communication!
The new RedPark TTL cable is available by itself or in a handy breakout pack that includes our deluxe jumper wires and Mintronics: Survival Pack Guts (no tin.) This way you have everything you need to hook the cable up to an Arduino and have plenty of components to experiment with. Just add an Arduino, a copy of Alasdair Allen’s “iOS Sensor Apps with Arduino,” and you’ll be up and running in no time! Also, we’ll have them in stock at Maker Faire!
- Does not require soldering!
- Enables development of iOS apps for private use in homes, schools and offices
- Connects iOS devices to microcontrollers and sensors!
- Designed for use with iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (fourth generation), iPad 2 and iPad.
- Used in conjunction with the Redpark Serial Cable SDK and sample code. Together these tools enable you to write iOS apps that communicate with serial devices.
- Requires iOS 4.3.x or later.
- Includes Mintronics: Survival Pack Guts
- Includes Deluxe Jumper Wires
- $59 Cable Lets You Connect iPhone to Arduino – No Jailbreaking!
- Paduino: Control Arduino from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with the Redpark Serial Cable
- Connecting an iPhone to Arduino on Make: Projects