[3D images from top left, clockwise: marshmallow shooters; silk-screening, DIY zipline, and a homemade cigar box guitar!]
It is most definitely summer here in California. School is out, and parents and kids are looking for fun stuff to do. The MAKE School’s Out! Best Summer Ever special issue is just the ticket! We’ve put together over 50 of our favorite kid-friendly projects into one awesome guide, including crafts, music, toys, and outdoors projects. Combine that with 3D photos (glasses included!), interviews with young makers, tool reviews, and tips, and you’ve got a great summer resource!
When you go back to school next year, you’ll be able to talk about all the rad projects you made over the summer!
Available at RadioShacks and newsstands all summer long, and online at Maker Shed.
From the pages of MAKE’s School’s Out special issue:
- Build a zipline and zoom through the trees
- Make your own guitars, amps, and silk-screened T-shirts for a backyard rock concert
- Launch rockets from a compressed air launcher
- Rig two webcams to create your own 3D movies
- Do battle with easy-to-make Marshmallow Shooters
- Build electronic pranks and spy gadgets to torment your frenemies
- Visit a hackerspace and 3D-print your head!
- Meet young makers like DIY video star Super Awesome Sylvia (on the cover) and Joey Hudy (Extreme Marshmallow Cannon) and Ben Hylak (MAYA Telepresence Robot), whose winning projects took them all the way to the White House Science Fair