UPDATE: The CALL to Join the Street Team is currently extended until September 7th!
Our amazing Maker Faire team has been hard at work on the upcoming World Maker Faire in NYC and they just sent me this memo with details on how to become part of the Street Team. Whether you’re attending an event or passing by a shop in your neighborhood, please help spread the good word in and around the five boroughs of New York City and earn some tickets to the faire!
It’s easy! We will send you 25 flyers, 75 postcards, stickers and buttons. Throw them in your car, purse, backpack, or bicycle basket and take them with you to all the places you already go (and maybe a few more). Pin or tape them to the bulletin board, window, or even leave them in a small stack on the counter or table where other items may be on display (please ask permission first). While you are posting, don’t forget to snap a few pictures so we can see all the great work you have done!
When you’re finished, send us an e-mail along with three or more pictures by September 18th and we will send you two Adult day tickets to World Maker Faire. You won’t have to wait in line for your tickets, you’ll save a little cash, and you will have helped us spread the word about this great event within your community.
Here are some great locations/examples of places to post flyers and place postcards:
Bookstores, Cafes & Coffee Shops, Toy Stores, Hobby Shops, Boutique Shops, Craft Stores, Restaurants, Community Centers, Hackerspaces, Tech Spaces, After School Programs, Community Gardens, and more.
To join, send your info to: Streetteam@makerfaire.com
1) Your name & address.
2) Send us three pics of locations you have placed World Maker Faire flyers and/or postcards. Ideally getting these Maker Faire materials and word out as soon as possible — we will need your pictures no later than September 18th.
3) Please don’t post flyers/postcards at any location w/o asking permission or if not permissible.
4) Please don’t post flyers/postcards all in one place. We are trusting that you will be a good street team member and will spread these materials throughout your community.
5) We would love to have you join our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
6) If you have a website that you like/run/own and would like to post Maker Faire web banners here is the link to our 2012 banners.
7) We’re looking specifically to cover the following neighborhoods & locations. Have another place in mind? Email us!
• Park Slope
• Red Hook
• Carroll Gardens
• Sunset Park
• Ditmas Park
• Parsons/New School
• Hunter College
• Columbia University
• Forest Hills
• East Village/Lower East Side
• Long Island City
• Jackson Heights
• Ft. Greene
• Clinton Hill
• Navy Yard
• Jersey City
• other (please email us)
The Maker Faire Team
We would especially appreciate some outreach in the Bronx and on Staten Island, also.