Ron Paulk‘s mobile woodshop fits inside a 1,000 cubic foot truck and packs every major power tool with a number of rather clever storage solutions. Even better, Ron has created sketchup plans so you could build your own! [via core77]

John Baichtal

My interests include writing, electronics, RPGs, scifi, hackers & hackerspaces, 3D printing, building sets & toys. @johnbaichtal nerdage.net

Comments

1. I like the cubbies for all of the hand tools. I could see building something like that under my workbench in my garage…

2. mcbryar@hotmail.com says:

Man I would love to see what this guy to do for built-in home storage. So well thought out.

3. Alan Moriarty says:

Your design is much more compact and easier to move around than the Nova Scotia Shopmobile was. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GuR9zjGnFQ) I was the Director of the restoration of Shopmobile #3 from 1980 to 1992 and I have a number of pictures and articles about the restoration, as well as the original Shopmobile Program in the 40′s and 50′s. If you are interested please let me know. (amoriarty@accesswave.ca)
    Best regards,
    Alan Moriarty

4. Jim Hunter says:

Ron Paulk 2012!

5. MauiJerry says:

Very nice setup. Many of these ideas would work quite well for a makerspace or personal workshop – mobile or not. I really like the drawers. And the Festool collection… thats great equipment, if a bit pricey.

6. Cretin Nik says:

WOW! Want!! I aspire. I cannot (ok, shouldn’t) really complain about my limited workspace in my basement. That is seriously fantastic.

7. Josh says:

Im not sure if its on his website but he designed a breakdown assembly table and mitre saw stand that go under the table saw in his truck. The design on those is very well thought out just like this truck. I like the way he thinks and his work flow seems very efficient.