Heritage Museums & Gardens invites artists, designers and engineers to participate in an outdoor sculpture exhibit of solar, wind, water, and human-powered kinetic sculpture for the 2013 season. The juried show will be sited throughout our 100-acre grounds of open vistas, meandering paths, a neighboring pond, secluded spaces, and flowering gardens. Works may be offered for sale by the artist. The exhibit offers artists and engineers the opportunity to create a work that will
• Surprise, intrigue, and engage viewers using natural resources to create movement
• Involve viewers with creating the movement
• Attract viewers to contemplative spaces and secluded spots of Heritage’s grounds through use of movement and vertical space.
• Utilize sequential movement along the length of paths
• Incorporate the concept of how movement changes landscapes and visitors’ perceptions of space
The event takes place at Heritage Museums & Gardens in Sandwich, MA, May 18 – October 27, 2013, while submissions are due by November 18th of this year.
[Photo credits: Sun Dots by Kenn Speiser, top, and Bicycle Recycle by Sue Beardsley, right]