Makers are pulling together interesting and new projects all over the place, all the time. That’s why Mini Maker Faires are such a great platform: every community has people hacking, building and creating, and cool projects are everywhere.
Now for the updates… Two Mini Maker Faires are happening this weekend:
- Norfolk Mini Maker Faire (VA): October 20, 2012 – first annual
- Groningen Mini Maker Faire (The Netherlands): October 20, 2012 – first annual, and first Mini in continental Europe!
It’s now the official slow season for fairs, but keep these “upcomings” on your radar. They all have open and active calls for makers, so apply if you are in the vicinity:
- Maker Faire Tokyo (Japan): December 1 & 2, 2012 – first annual!
- Santiago Mini Maker Faire (Chile): December 15 & 16, 2012 – first ever in South America!
- Houston Mini Maker Faire (TX): January 19, 2013 – NEW!
- Mission Mini Maker Faire (San Francisco, CA): January 27, 2013
- Las Vegas Mini Maker Faire (NV): February 2, 2013
- Tyler Mini Maker Faire (TX): March 23, 2013 – NEW!
- Denver Mini Maker Faire (CO): May 4, 2013
If you’re tempted to bring a Mini Maker Faire to your community, read our intro page.
Gotta close out this update with one more project from a Mini. Check out this simple fog cannon from last weekend’s Fort Wayne Mini Maker Faire: