Looking for a way to network enable your Arduino projects without wires? Look no further, you need the Arduino WiFi Shield available in the Maker Shed! This shield fits atop your Arduino and will connect to an 802.11b/g network with relative ease. The shield comes completely assembled and uses pass through headers allowing other shields to be stacked on top. Because the Arduino has limited storage space there’s also a micro SD slot which can be used for file serving. Possible uses of the WiFi Shield include home automation, remote sensing, tele-robotics, or anything else that might require wireless networking.
- Requires and Arduino board (not included)
- Operating voltage 5V (supplied from the Arduino Board)
- Connection via: 802.11b/g networks
- Encryption types: WEP and WPA2 Personal
- Connection with Arduino on SPI port
- On-board micro SD slot
- ICSP headers
- FTDI connection for serial debugging of WiFi shield
- Micro-USB for updating WiFi shield firmware
- The WiFi Shield communicates with any Arduino using the SPI bus (through the ICSP header).
- Antenna integrated into PCB.