Procrastinators rejoice! The deadline to submit your application for Maker Faire Bay Area was March 15, but the call for makers has now been extended to March 22. While our team is reviewing previously submitted applications now, those who need more time will get another week. So make the most of it and get your applications in now.
Maker Faire is accepting applications for maker exhibits, performers, presenters, and sponsors. The first step to participating in Maker Faire is to submit an entry using one of the links above. We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.
Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:
- Student projects
- Arduino projects
- Raspberry Pi
- Space projects
- Food makers
- Conductive materials projects
- Kit makers
- Interactive art projects
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Home Energy Monitoring
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry projects
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Music Performances and Participation
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
The Road to Maker Faire Challenge will award $2,500 to one winner to bring his or her project to World Maker Faire on Sep. 21 & 22, 2013 in New York. Use the funding for materials, transport, or anything else you might need to get to Maker Faire. Applications are due by 11:59pm PT on August 5, 2013.