Here are some reasons why you should join us on the Road to Maker Faire Challenge, which will award one lucky maker $2,500 to bring their project to Maker Faire Bay Area in San Mateo, CA on May 18-19.
- It’s easy. The application takes only five minutes.
- There’s $2,500 to be won. This could be the most rewarding five-minute application you’ve ever filled out!
- If you have already applied to Maker Faire, you can also apply to this challenge.
- If you haven’t already applied to Maker Faire, the Open Call is now closed. This is your last chance to participate in the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth.
- Did I mention there’s a $2,500 prize?
- Two runners-up will also be selected. And they each win a Maker’s Notebook, a one-year subscription to Make Magazine, and two adult weekend passes to Maker Faire Bay Area. Even the runners-up prize packages are cool. (Believe me, I absolutely love my Maker’s Notebook!)
- The winner and runners-up will have their projects displayed on the MAKE blog.
I cannot emphasize first and fifth points enough. It’s seriously easy to apply, and the prize packages are exciting. The application only calls for some basic information about your project, and three images.
The Road to Maker Faire Challenge will award $2,500 to one winner to bring his or her project to World Maker Faire on Sep. 21 & 22, 2013 in New York. Use the funding for materials, transport, or anything else you might need to get to Maker Faire. Applications are due by 11:59pm PT on August 5, 2013.