For those of you heading to Maker Faire Bay Area this weekend (May 18 & 19), here are some suggestions to enhance your experience:
- Download the Maker Faire app onto your smartphone. It’s best to do this beforehand. Once you’re on-site, there will a lot of people trying to download the app, so avoid the congestion by getting it ahead of time.
- Start making a list of makers you’d like to see — you can browse by category. There are also more in-depth descriptions and interviews of some of the makers in the Maker Faire section of the blog.
- Check out the presentations and performances to plan which ones you want to catch.
What to Bring:
- Comfy walking shoes
- Something warm (the weather can get cool and breezy in the afternoon)
- Smartphone (for the Maker Faire app)
- Reusable shopping bag to carry any purchases or projects that you make.
- Business cards — to stay connected with all the awesome folks you’ll meet!
- Whether you’re driving, taking BART/Caltrain, biking, or walking, take a look at our Getting to Maker Faire page to make sure you get here with as little hassle as possible.
When You Arrive:
- If you want to participate in any activities, you will need to sign a Safety Waiver and get a bracelet, so find a station and get that taken care of right away!
- #makerfaire — When posting on Instagram, Twitter, Google+, and other platforms that support hashtags, please tag your posts #makerfaire.
- The MAKE editors will be posting images all weekend long from the Faire on our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr accounts.