This past Friday I posted a request that MAKE readers complete a survey to help us understand what users of the now defunct Google Reader will use to read MAKE content. The vast majority of MAKE readers read the MAKE blog RSS feed via Google Reader so to serve those readers as best we can we wanted to know where folks would go. We got a great response. The survey is now closed, but we got some great feedback. Here are some of the highlights:
- 90 percent of respondents were currently Google Reader for their MAKE blog feed. Most of these (90%) will use another RSS service.
- 76 percent said they will use Feedly after July 1, the most popular substitute by far.
- Most use a laptop to read MAKE blog feeds.
- 23 percent visit the MAKE blog one or more times a day.
- 57 percent get MAKE content from sources other than the blog.
Thank you to all who participated in the survey.