[new_gallery link=”none” ids=”321512,321513,321514,321515,321516,321517,321518,321519,321520″]
The projects in the slideshow above will eventually compete on the Road to Maker Faire Challenge. Presented by Esurance, one lucky maker will win a $2,500 prize, to travel with and exhibit their project at World Maker Faire New York in September. Just over three weeks remain to submit your project to the Challenge — you too could win!
If you’ve always wanted to travel to a Maker Faire but haven’t, want to visit New York City for the first time or make another trip to the city that never sleeps, or already live there, here are some reasons to submit your project:
- It’s easy. The application takes only ten minutes.
- There’s $2,500 to be won. This could be the most rewarding ten-minute application you ever fill out.
- If you have already applied to Maker Faire, you can also apply to this challenge.
- Two runners-up will also be selected. And they each win a Maker’s Notebook, a one-year subscription to Make Magazine, and two adult weekend passes to World Maker Faire New York. Even the runners-up prize packages are cool. (Believe me, I absolutely love my Maker’s Notebook.)
- Did I mention there’s a $2,500 prize?
- Use the prize money for travel and accommodation. Use it to take your project to the next level. Or keep it, save it, and use it for your next project’s expenses.
If you have a project you want the world to see, you’re up for the challenge, and you wouldn’t mind a four-figure sum of prize money, then apply now!
The Road to Maker Faire Challenge will award $2,500 to one winner to bring his or her project to World Maker Faire on Sep. 21 & 22, 2013 in New York. Use the funding for materials, transport, or anything else you might need to get to Maker Faire. Applications are due by 11:59pm PT on August 5, 2013.