The future is now, man! And it’s kind of scary. Watch this video, where Adam Savage introduces the new robot.

It took the mighty minds and resources of WIRED, YouTube, Stan Winston Studios, Legacy Effects, and Conde Nast Entertainment to create an insanely detailed, one-of-a-kind, 9 foot 9 inch Mech with four arms to usher in the 2013 San Diego Comic Con. And who better to announce it than Adam Savage, of Tested and Mythbusters. It is ready to blow your mind. And coming soon to YouTube’s Geek Week … a huge mini-series showing how this colossus was built.

John Baichtal

My interests include writing, electronics, RPGs, scifi, hackers & hackerspaces, 3D printing, building sets & toys. @johnbaichtal nerdage.net

Comments

1. very cool (but not a robot)

1. Not a robot? What do you mean?

1. MP says:

It’s a suit, with the lower arms the actual person’s arms, using linkages to the upper arms to control them.

2. Troy A. Wilson Sr. says:

It’s a suit.

3. joe says:

about the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.. these costume guys are getting serious

4. Jeff says:

You can tell there is a guy inside. Just by the proportions and movement.

5. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic…

6. Yep. It’s definitely a suit. But if I bumped into this thing in a dark alley on a cold, misty night, I would not be taking the time to figure out how the arms and legs work. I would be making *my* arms and legs work.

Hard.

7. Catlaa says:

I see this as a nice prequel to a real live Ironman suit.

8. mindbreaker says:

The army is opening its checkbook.

9. Meredith says:

I am a long time Comic Con Star Wars fanatic. This year I found my self in beautiful San Diego looking for new opportunities to invest on my collectible action figure toys.

this is my collectors pick from this years Comic Con, a Star Wars vehicle 5 pack from PuzzleZoo, they have a limited quantity and can be finished anytime.

PS: Do not open the box, the value is in the condition