Shedi Michael Castor pulled this great shot from this morning’s GoPro quadcopter footage. Man, does our tent look great from the air or what?
The Shed team has landed in Detroit, and we’ve brought dozens of great products with us. We’re right in front of the Henry Ford museum near the Power Racing Series track, in a massive tent that’s very hard to miss. We have everything from 3D Printers and Microcontrollers to Craft Kits and Wearables.
Just like any other Faire, we have a host of fantastic show specials, activities and products to keep you busy:
- Ultimate Arduino Microcontroller Pack for $100 — that’s $50 off!
- Buy the Getting Started with Arduino Kit and get the excellent book for free (a $15 value).
- Subscribe to Make Magazine for only $20 (usually $35) and get a free T-Shirt (while supplies last).
- Buy the Iso-Tip Soldering Toolkit for just $75 (usually $100)!
- Learn to Solder one of our Robot Blinky Pins from a soldering pro for just $1!
The DIYode Arduino shield: a new favorite of ours — solder this shield together and use the many actuators, LEDs and sensors to learn how to program Arduino.
Make Volume 35, hot off the printing press! Read more about the newest issue of Make Magazine right here and come take a look at a copy in person this weekend.
We’re looking forward to seeing some of you in the tent this weekend! Also make sure you stop by the museum for Make Founder Dale Dougherty’s talk “Why We Make” at 1:30 tomorrow.
Oh, and please don’t forget to do a rain dance tonight to ward off the impending storm so we can have a warm, sunny weekend.
The Road to Maker Faire Challenge will award $2,500 to one winner to bring his or her project to World Maker Faire on Sep. 21 & 22, 2013 in New York. Use the funding for materials, transport, or anything else you might need to get to Maker Faire. Applications are due by 11:59pm PT on August 5, 2013.