Maker Faire is certainly a place to express yourself, and clothing is not an exception. There are folks in full body costumes, steampunk attire, or sporting Utilikilts. But I’m interested in the humble T-shirt. Being a T-shirt-and-jeans-guy myself, I always keep an eye out for new designs and sayings. Maker Faire is the perfect place for that.

Walking around the Faire today, I decided to take snaps of the best tees. Here are the fruits of my travels. Enjoy!

Sunday delivered just as much as Saturday: 10 More T-Shirts from World Maker Faire NY

Michael Colombo

In addition to being an online editor for MAKE Magazine, Michael Colombo works in fabrication, electronics, sound design, music production and performance (Yes. All that.) In the past he has also been a childrens’ educator and entertainer, and holds a Masters degree from NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program.

Comments

1. ameyring says:

Aww…looks like you didn’t catch mine. It was a picture of several organic compounds responsible for taste and odor in drinking water! Can’t come back on Sunday, though :-(

2. the caption under “there are only 10 types of people” gives away which type the captioner is.

1. Oh, how is that? I was echoing what the shirt itself said. And FTR, I undertand binary. :)

1. silverlokk says:

Your caption read “ten types of people.”

1. Yes I know. That’s what the shirt says too. Think of it as directed toward people who DON’T get the joke…most people are used to base 10, but you can express any number with only 2 digits in binary. But I guess like any joke, if you have to explain it it’s not funny anymore.

1. It’s writing “10″ as “ten” that ruins the joke.

2. Gloria Gardner says:

I want this t shirt

3. I guess I could see the distinction between “ten” and “10″ as making sense. I think the thing is I originally heard this joke told to me, so using letters or numerals didn’t matter. And it was still funny.

1. macegr says:

You could change the caption to say “two” instead :)

4. David says:

T-Shirt:
    “Engineering. It’s Like Math Only Louder.”

5. Ausaf Abidi says:

I liked this one the best! I want this T-shirt too :D

6. Companies have preference for custom t shirts as
    it assist them to stay in their budgets. 2011 will be a big year for
    a nujmber of television shows that have done really
    well tthis year. Youu can easily find a store selling Disneey Children T-shirts.