SIP6_CV1_RGB_hiRez We’re super excited about the release of our new Make: Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing 2014! Join the editors of MAKE magazine for the second annual 3D Printer Meetup and celebrate with us. Mike Senese, executive editor of MAKE, and Anna Kaziunas France, MAKE digital fabrication editor, will co-host the event with guests from the seven top performing 3D printer manufacturers, a tour of the lab with the printers churning out 3D objects, and the esteemed 3D experts who tested the machines for MAKE, sharing their comments and views. Where: Makezine.com and MAKE’s G+ page When: Thursday, November 14th at 6pm PDT BONUS: Enter to win one of the “Best from our Tests” — the Printrbot Simple!

ALSO: MAKE will be offering the three largest 3D Printer Meetup groups a stipend of $200 for food and beverage! Screen shot 2013-11-08 at 5.57.27 PM

Goli Mohammadi

I’m senior editor at MAKE and have worked on MAKE magazine since the first issue. I’m a word nerd who particularly loves to geek out on how emerging technology affects the lexicon as a whole. When not fawning over perfect word choices, I can be found on the nearest mountain, looking for the ideal alpine lake or hunting for snow to feed my inner snowboard addict.

The maker movement provides me with endless inspiration, and I love shining light on the incredible makers in our community. The specific beat I cover is art, and I’m a huge proponent of STEAM (as opposed to STEM). After all, the first thing most of us ever made was art.

Contact me at goli (at) makermedia (dot) com.

Comments

1. Sam Reynolds says:

How do I enter for the chance to win?

1. Goli Mohammadi says:

Just sign up to attend the meetup and you’ll automatically be entered!

2. Goli Mohammadi says:

Hi Sam,
      Sorry, just found out that the link to enter the drawing was erroneously not hotlinked on the meetup page. Please sign up here: http://makezine.com/meetup/3dprinter/

2. Brett W. says:

I also don’t see where to sign up for the meetup. I looked at all of the links and if it’s there I’m not seeing it. Would love to sign up for it.

1. Goli Mohammadi says:

From the main meetup page (http://www.meetup.com/makermeetup/days/) there’s a link for view details (http://www.meetup.com/makermeetup/details/1054752/). Pick one and RSVP. Thanks!

1. Brett says:

Goli, I was right there on the details page but I haven’t been on meetup.com in a while so I didn’t realize what I had to do. Thanks! Got it now ;-)

1. Goli Mohammadi says:

Wonderful, Brett!

2. Goli Mohammadi says:

Actually, Brett, I found out I was wrong! The link to enter the drawing was erroneously not hotlinked on the meetup page. Please sign up here: http://makezine.com/meetup/3dprinter/

1. Brett says:

Thanks for the heads up! I signed up earlier today when someone was posting that link to all of the meetups. Fingers crossed ;-)

3. Brett says:

One more question :) I see the $6.99 digital download for the 2014 Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing, but where/when can we “Get the 2014 Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing + the NEW Make: 3D Printing book by Anna Kazunias France for only $9.99″ ?

1. Goli Mohammadi says:

Unfortunately the book is in the final stages of completion and we realized it would not be ready in time for the offer, so now we’re offering the print and PDF versions of the Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing for $9.99.