Make: Magazine Print Advertising Materials Specifications
For special issue print ad specs (SIP) and information, click here.
Trim Size: 6.625"×9.375"
Margins: Live areas should be kept at least 3⁄4" from the document edge on all four sides.
Crop marks: None
Inserts: Are accepted. Contact your sales representative for details.
Full Page (bleed): 6.75"×9.625"
Full Page (no bleed): 6.125"×8.75"
Half Page Horizontal: 6.125"×4.25"
Two Page Spread: 13.5"×9.625"
Marketplace, Quarter Page: 3"×4.25"
Other Dimensions: Call for instructions
- Digital files should be provided in high resolution PDF format, using Acrobat Distiller 6.0 or similar.
- Digital files should be CMYK.
- Digital file sizes should be made exactly to the specifications. We cannot be responsible for files that do not adhere to these specs.
- Any printing instructions (optional) should be provided in a separate document.
Fonts and Images
- All fonts and images must be embedded.
- Any placed images should be at 100% size and 300dpi, CMYK.
- Note that we cannot guarantee accurate reproduction on fonts that are not adobe postscript fonts. To avoid any font trouble, you can outline your fonts.
Color Proofs (Optional)
Color Proofs should be a high-quality digital proof that meets SWOP standards. Color correctness cannot be guaranteed if color proof is substandard, or no proof is provided.
Total 4-color density should not exceed 280% with no more than one color solid. Please note there is an expected press gain of 18-22% in the 50% range, and that ink coverage will vary slightly during press run.
Insertion orders should be submitted to:
Phone: (707) 827-7170
Fax: (707) 829-1154
Ad materials should be sent to:
Please carbon copy
Physical Mailing Address:
Prepress Assembly, Inc.
74 Langton St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Attn: Production-MAKE Magazine
Carol Rives: (415) 621-8970