Create the perfect soundtrack for your party.
Three Playlists: Long, Love, Lust
By Angelica Amesquita-Carter
This set is for that nagging longing, that can't-stop-thinking-about-you person who you want to tell that you can't live without! There are a lot of songs for this category out there, but here are a few of my favorites.
- "Wish I Was Yours" - Willoughby from I Know What You're Up To
- "Wishing, If I Had A Photograph Of You" - Nouvelle Vague from Nouvelle Vague
- "It Must Be Obvious" - Pet Shop Boys from Alternative
- "Room Without A Key" - Rubies from Explode from the Center
- "Voodoo (Album Version)" - Chungking from Voodoo
- "Overture" - The Unbending Trees & Tracey Thorn from Overture (Single)
- "I Go To Sleep (Live)" - Sia from Lady Croissant
- "Night And Day" - Everything But The Girl from Night And Day (Single)
- "Cosi' ti Amo" - Nina Simone from Tell It Like It Is: Rarities and Unreleased Recordings 1967-1973
- "Through the Backyards" - Au Revoir Simone from Verses of Comfort, Assurance & Salvation Rock
Love! Love! Love!
There is no right or wrong, just love in every song. You've made it through the phases and obeyed the rules of attraction and now you're there. You're in love, congratulations! Some songs are old, some are newish, but they all have a common ground: they are all made with love.
- "I Love You My Hope" - Hird from Moving On
- "I Really Love You" - Roy Ayers from Virgin Ubiquity: Unreleased Recordings 1976-1981
- "The Start Of Forever" - Paul Weller from As Is Now
- "Another Day" - Jamie Lidell from Jim
- "Ice Cream" - Sara McLaughlin from Fumbling Towards Ecstasy
- "Day Too Soon" - Sia from Some People Have Real Problems
- "True Love" - Hanne Hukkelberg from Little Things (Bonus Track Version)
- "Islands in the Stream" (with Constantines) - Feist from The Reminder: Deluxe EP Alternative
- "To Be Loved" - Joan As Police Woman from To Survive
- "More Than This" - Hearts of Palm UK from For Life
To Love Is Eternal, to Lust Is Divine!
Remember those moments just before you really get to know someone or maybe you already know them but are just waiting to make your move. You're thinking those thoughts that require way too much of your attention and are totally out of your control. This is lust! Basically, the message here is "I want you, come and get it!" So in hoping to have achieved this goal, I compiled a list of lusty songs to make it loud and clear.
- "I Wanna Bite Ya" - Planningtorock from Have It All
- "U.K. Girls (Physical)" - Goldfrapp from Felt Mountain
- "Nitemoves" - Grovesnor from DJ Kicks
- "This Is Hardcore" - Pulp from This Is Hardcore
- "Light My Fire" - Shirley Bassey from Something Remastered
- "Sex Bomb" - Max Raabe and Palast Orchester from Covers
- "He Wants to Move" - Vyvienne Long from Birdtalk
- "Pull Up to the Bumper" - Patra from Scent of Attraction
- "Inside My Love" - Minnie Riperton from Capitol Gold: The Best of Minnie Riperton
- "Think Twice" - Ralph Myerz and the Jack Herren Band from A Special EP
Discuss this articleYou must be logged in to post a talkback.
Join the conversation -- every CRAFT article has an online page that includes a place for discussion.