Subscribe to Make Magazine Today!

Here are some cool things we saw in the CRAFT Flickr Pool this week:
suezybees_cupcake_gadget_sleeve_flickr_roundup.jpgLittle Cupcake Felt Gadget Sleeve, by suezybees
im_feelin_crafty_cookie_monster_hat_flickr_roundup.jpgCookie Monster hat, by I’m Feelin’ Crafty
catbaro_tiny_hats_flickr_roundup.jpgMore Tiny Toques, by katbaro
wooly_fabulous_leaf_brooch_flickr_roundup.jpgPlaying with the shape of the leaf…, by woolly fabulous
breadnbadger_honey_badger_pint_glass_flickr_roundup.jpgpint_honeybadger3, by BreadnBadger (Warning: Clicking through the link may not be appropriate for work or small children.)

Haley Pierson-Cox

Haley Pierson-Cox

Brooklyn-based DIY from a Gal in Granny Glasses

  • Mel

    How do you make that stitch on the edges of felt that I see everywhere? What’s it called even?

  • thezenofmaking

    Hi, Mel! The stitch around the outside edge of felt pieces is called a whipstitch. But, when you’re not stitching all the way around an outside edge, you’d just use a straight stitch to get a similar look.
    -Haley from CRAFT

  • Ani

    That stitch that is shown in the first photo above is called a blanket stitch.

  • thezenofmaking

    Ani is exactly right. The felt pouch has a blanket stitch around the edge–I had to look twice to see the other part of the stitch. Thanks, Ani!
    -Haley from CRAFT

Related Supplies at Maker Shed