Artist duo Mar Canet and Varvara Guljajeva like to bring digital culture and traditional crafting together. They’ve made a neat new work called “SPAMpoetry,” in which they used a hacked knitting machine to knit a series of poems made up of content from spam emails.
SPAMpoetry is a series of knitted works containing visual poetry from collected spam.
The process consists of 2 main parts:
1. generating poetry from collected SPAM
2. modifying an electronic knitting machine in order to give SPAMpoetry a knitted form.
- Machine Knitting a Cosby Sweater (video) @Craftzine.com blog
- Knitting Machines @Craftzine.com blog
- How-To: Hack Your Knitting Machine @Craftzine.com blog