This Friday, March 30, our friends at Etsy are hosting the popular Etsy Success Symposium, a day-long series of workshops aimed at helping crafters bolster their business. Although the in-person event is already sold out, you can follow along with all the workshops free of charge as they stream live on Etsy’s web site.
This year’s Etsy Success Symposium will focus exclusively on teaching creative small business owners the skills to get their products out there and get found. This full day of workshops will help attendees create impactful stories for their products, master web and Etsy searches, romance bloggers, turn browsers into lifelong fans at craft and wholesale shows, and get their work found through new social shopping tools like Pinterest. We’ve asked our favorite experts and successful Etsy sellers to guide online and in-person attendees to the next level of Etsy success. Anyone, anywhere can tune in online for a full day of focused workshops all dedicated to teaching you how to get found. Details and Schedule What: Etsy Success Symposium: Getting Found When: Friday, March 30, 2012, from 10 a.m. EST to 6:30 p.m. EST Where: Etsy’s Online Labs Cost: The event will stream for free!
- 10:20a.m. ET – Get Featured: Learn How to Grab the Eye of a Curator with Emily Bidwell and Alison Feldmann
- 11:20a.m. ET – Get Noticed: How to Romance Blog and Magazine Editors Panel
- 1:45p.m. ET – Get Storied: Behind Every Product is a Story with Michael Margolis
- 3:00p.m. ET – Get Pinned: Build your Community and Brand with Pinterest with Jasmine Trabelsi
- 4:00p.m. ET – Get Out There: Using Craft and Wholesale Shows to Support Your Small Business Panel
- 5:15p.m. ET – Get Found: Conquering Searches on Etsy and the Web with Danielle Maveal and Michelle Spaulding
You can RSVP for the online workshops over on Etsy Labs. Etsy has also provided CRAFT readers with this gorgeously illustrated worksheet, “How to Reflect Your Personality in Your Booth Display” designed by Virginia Kraljevic, available for download here. Virginia will be sharing her tips as an experienced craft and trade show vendor on the panel, Get Out There: Using Craft and Wholesale Shows to Support Your Small Business. Giveaway Time! One lucky CRAFT reader will receive this Etsy Success Symposium Kit, packed in a beautiful handmade laptop/document case. The fabric was designed by Etsy’s Nicole Licht and printed by Spoonflower. Inside the winner will find the 40 page Get Found workbook, deals from sponsors and a slew of Etsy goodies. Just leave a comment below, letting us know which of the workshops on Friday you are most excited about watching online. Be sure to leave your email address so we can get in touch with you if you win. Comments close Sunday, April 1 at 4PM PST. Good Luck!