Andrew Salomone uses a hacked knitting machine from the 80s to “print” digital images into knitted garments. At World Maker Faire New York 2011, Andrew demonstrates the knitting machine and shows off its creations including a sweater with Bill Cosby’s face.
Subscribe to CRAFT on YouTube, the CRAFT Podcast in iTunes, download the m4v video directly, or watch it on YouTube or Vimeo. Music by i am jen.
- How-To: Hack Your Knitting Machine
- Game installation winners canonized in knitting
- Machine-Knitted QR Code Scarf
- Antique Sock Knitting Machines at Maker Faire Austin
- Wind-Powered Knitting Machine
- Homemade Knitting Machine
- Space Invader – QR code scarf