This weekend’s Open MAKE at the Exploratorium offers a day full of fun hands on activities and inspirational talks from makers of all sorts. Our good pal and needle felting guru, Moxie, will be hosting drop-in needle felting demos in the Tinkering Studio Thursday and Friday ahead of the main Open MAKE event on Saturday. Saturday’s events include Moxie’s workshops and henna art from Darcy Vasudev.
In the Tinkering Studio, we will make needle-felted creatures with Moxie, create three-dimensional shapes by sewing sheets of fabric together with Judy Castro, fuse plastic with clothes irons, use sewing needles and conductive thread to make circuits embedded in bracelets and badges, and use motors and other tools to take Light Painting to a whole new level.
In the skylight area, many local makers will share their passions. Henna artist Darcy Vasudev will draw some temporary tattoos, Meredith Scheff will showcase her soft circuitry, master puppeteer Dax Tran-Caffee will host a large scale stop-motion animation with cardboard puppets, Tim and Nicole will teach you to use some tools properly and creatively, and much more!
If you aren’t able to attend in person, you can catch the interviews of the featured makers (including Moxie) online.
- Moxie’s Felt Wedding Cake Toppers @Craftzine.com blog
- Interview With Moxie on CNN.com @Craftzine.com blog
- I Heart Moxie @Craftzine.com blog
- Flashback: Hand-Sewn Free-Range Monsters @Craftzine.com blog
- Moxie’s Re-Imagined Boutonnieres @Craftzine.com blog
- Made by Moxie’s Little Big Dog @Craftzine.com blog
- Flashback: Henna Tattoos @Craftzine.com blog