Whenever I bring my TV-B-Gone out to restaurants, I look suspicious pointing it around. So I embedded the device into a jacket and turned it into a wearable TV silencer. For the switch, I sewed paths of conductive thread that become bridged by the metal zipper pull when it passes by. At the restaurant or bar, all I have to do is unzip my jacket to turn off the TV(s).
For this project you need:
- Super TV-B-Gone Kit (available from Maker Shed)
- conductive thread
- jacket with metal zipper pull
- sewing needle and regular thread
- seam ripper (or very small scissors)
- tailor’s chalk
- soldering iron/solder
- wire strippers
- wire snips
- insulated wire (stranded)
- heat shrink tubing
Check out the complete a complete step-by-step tutorial for the previous version of this project, the TV-B-Gone Hoodie, over on Make: Projects.