Librarians, Summer Camp Directors, and Teen Program Directors – Check out all the ways you can integrate Maker Camp into your summer program.
- Have teens do the daily project at home, upload photos and videos to the Maker Camp Community page on Google+, then gather in your program space to view the broadcast Hangout of the day, hosted by the Camp counselor and other teens on-air.
- Create a “makerspace” in your program space and have the teens do the project together, upload photos and videos of their projects, then watch the live broadcast of the Hangout together to see other teens’ experience making the project.
- Host the Field Trip days at the program so teens can view a live broadcast of an epic field trip at a cool destination, hosted by Maker Camp Counselors and the Maker Camp Director.
- Host the celebrity Hangouts in your program space. These hangouts feature a famous maker who will talk about why it’s fun to build cool projects, including the project of the day.
- Create your own Maker Camp hosted at the teen summer program, using projects from MAKE online. Build a Google+ page for the program where teens post photos and videos of the projects they chose to build. Host a Hangout where kids can talk about the projects.