The Pitch Your Prototype Challenge asks Makers to design and fabricate an innovative product prototype.
This competition is presented by Make: in partnership with Cornell University and supporting schools and departments including:
· Cornell Engineering
· Systems Engineering
· Cornell Tech
· Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management
From the top five finalists chosen by public voting and judges from Make: and Cornell, one (1) grand prize winner will be chosen to receive a $5,000 grant. All finalists are invited to attend MakerCon New York the week of September 21, 2015 to pitch their prototype, and the grand prize winner will be announced at the event.
Applications will be judged by the following criteria to choose the top 5 finalists:
– Application to real world problem or need (30%)
– Commercial viability and target market (30%)
– Originality of idea or product (25%)
– Quality of submission materials and documentation of the prototype (15%)
Applications closed at 11:59pm Pacific Time on April 30, 2015
Public voting ended May 18, 2015 at 11:59am PT
The top five (5) finalist projects were announced the week of August 2, 2015
The grand prize winner will be announced live at MakerCon New York the week of September 21, 2015