Step #1: Next
- Gather your parts and tools.
- I bought a cheap ($4.00) Lens hood from DealExtreme for this experiment rather than using the expensive one from the manufacturer of my camera.
- You can get the Carbon Fiber sticker from your local auto parts store if you've got a very deep wallet and/or you are impatient. I got mine from eBay for 1/10th the price and a little wait. These textured stickers come in many colors, I choose basic blank.
- Pretty much any pair of clean, sharp scissors will work.
- You want your hobby knife to have a fresh, very sharp blade.
- Measure the Circumference of the hood.
- Measure the Length of the hood.
- Measure the Diameter of the hood, both at the front and at the back.