Step #1: PrevNext
- Either start with a wallet you would like to copy, or use this guide to determine the approximate size of your duct tape wallet.
- Tear off a piece of duct tape that is at least twice as long as the wallet you are copying. Lay it along the wallet and mark the end of the wallet with a marker. Then fold the tape across the dotted line, keeping it as smooth as possible.
Step #2: PrevNext
- Now lay another piece of duct tape sticky-side up on the edge of the wallet and place the piece from the first step on top to create a rectangular shape the size of the wallet.
- Take the piece on the bottom and fold it neatly over the top so it makes one sheet of duct tape.
Step #3: PrevNext
- Now repeat steps 1 and 2 so that you have 2 duct tape rectangles the same shape.
- Lay them next to each other on the long dimension. Using a piece of duct tape that has been split in half, cover the front and the back of the middle seam so it makes one rectangle.
Step #4: PrevNext
- Tear 2 pieces of tape that are half the width of the rectangle. Place them on the upper corners so the sticky side is facing down.
- Fold the ends of the tape in so that the sticky side is facing up. Fold the rectangle in half the long way and connect the edges with these 2 pieces.
- Now take 2 more pieces and place them over the ends of the wallet to create a strong seam.
Step #7: PrevNext
- Once you get the hang of handling duct tape and creating wallets, get creative making wallets out of more colors and with more pockets. You can even make a tri-fold wallet.