Step #1: Mark the center between the primary arms on the secondary arm.
This is on the opposite side of the CEB of the brickholder plate.
Step #2: Position the drawer
- The drawer needs to be in the fully retracted position.
- This is when the drawer is about to eject the brick, the press plate will be back 1/4" from the inside of the compression chamber.
Step #3: Prepare the cylinder mount.
Punch a 1" hole in the center of a 3"x3" piece of 1/2" thick steel.
Step #4: Place the cylinder
- On the side which attaches to the secondary arm, put the pin through the mount, a 1" washer, and the cylinder.
- The side of the cylinder with the rod attaches to the drawer.
- Both sides will need a 1" washer to act as a spacer so the cylinder can't slide back and forth.
- When the cylinder is attached to the drawer, place the mount on your center mark.
- Square the mount in all directions.
Step #5: Weld the mount in place
- Tack the mount in a few places.
- Remove the pin and move the cylinder out of the way of the mount.
- You can slide the drawer away so you don't need to remove that side.
- Weld the mount solid, all the way around. Make sure it stays square.
- Return the secondary cylinder and re-mount it. Don't forget the washer.
- Remove the plug from the port on top of the cylinder.
- The cylinder may have fluid in it, so keep a jar handy to catch any that spills.
- Install Assembly #2 into this port.
- Couple the remaining assemblies and hoses in place.