Our Mission is to help seniors trim their toenails, since the majority of the elderly can’t because of aging problems like:
- Poor Vision/Eyesight,
- Flexibility Issues,
- Thick toenails, etc.
The contraption our team created (The EZ-Reacher Toenail Clipper) is focused on seniors who want to maintain their toenail-clipping independence without a hefty price attached.
Step #1: Next
- Using pliers , remove the two suction cups from the spring arms located on the bottom of the E.Z Reacher.
- Put the suction cup, with the screws , and bolts away for now - well reatach them later.
Step #2: Next
- Lay the the E.Z. Reacher flat, with the handle sticking up.
- Using a measuring tape and a pencil , mark a line 1 cm from the bottom of base , next add another line o.5 cm above the first line.
- The space between the line shows us where to crate the slit to insert the leverage arm on the clipper.
Step #3: Next
- before creating a on the marked place , someone else hold the spring arms so they dont get cut
- use the hacksaw to cut on the marked place ;cut only through the top of base to create a slit
Step #4: Next
- Measure and make two marks at the 3 3/8 in. and 3 5/8 in. from the end of the spring arms.
- the marks show us where to drill the holes the base of the of the nail clipper
Step #5: Next
- Drill the two marks on the spring arms with a 1/32 size drill bit.
- Drill the two holes that hold the bace of the nail clipper
Step #6: Next
- COOKIE BREAK :D
- Take a break and have a cookie.
Step #7: Next
- Take the nail clipper and lay with the leverage arm folded out
- Using the measuring tape and marker , mark a one inch line along the bottom part of the base of the nail clipper
- The mark shows us where to create the slit that will attach the base of the nail clippers
Step #8: Next
- Put on your safety goggles
- Use a dremal to cut a one inch slit in the base of the nail clippers
Step #10: Next
- Take the handle off a small binder clip and bend the ends like so.
- Use pliers to remove the silver-colored handle off a 0.25 inch binder clip: ho,d the back part of the binder clip between your fingers with one hand sticking up.
- Next, use the pliers to squeeze the two sides of the handle together, and pull the handle out.
- Use the pliers to bend the ends of the handle up to create a pin that will fasten the nail clipper to the spring arms.
Step #11: Next
- Slide the nail clipper on the two small spring arms and put the pin [aka] the handle from the binder clip/ in the holes with the nail clipper in the middle and put the other end of the nail clipper in the notch.
- To assemble the EZ-reach toenail clipper, First slide the base of the nail clipper over the small spring arms.
- Align the nail clippers between the two holes of the spring arms.
- Slide the pin through the holes to secure the base of the nail clipper
- Place the leverage arm of the nail clipper in the slit on the base of the EZ-reacher
Step #12: Next
- Put the two suction cups back on fastening the big and small spring arms together.
- Re-attach the suction cups; this will bring together the big and small springarms
And thus, the 'Nailed It' Toenail Clipper is finished!