Do you have tile or marble from a home improvement project that you just don’t know what to do with? All you need is enough small pieces of tile to outline the number(s) or object of your choice and a larger piece on which they will all fit and you are on your way to making "Mosaic Magic"!
Step #1: Next
- Do you have tile or marble from a home improvement project that you just don’t know what to do with? All you need is enough small pieces of tile to outline the number(s) you are interested in and a larger piece on which they will all fit and you are on your way to making a house number sign!
Step #2: Next
- Endless rows of tile! What to do...?Time to cut out strips of tile to make a number! Tile squares that are 5/8" x 5/8" or less work best.
Step #3: Next
- Cut desired rows of tiles using scissors.
Step #4: Next
- Find another piece of tile that you wish to work with. In this case, a 6” by 6” tile can fit the house number 4 squarely in the center if the smaller tile is ~ 5/8" x 5/8". Use rubber bands (since it is sometimes difficult to draw a line on tile) and a ruler to find the center of the tile. The rubber bands can wrap around the tile and be adjusted.
Step #5: Next
- Arrange the smaller tiles so that your number appears centered in the larger tile.
Step #6: Next
- If you are able to draw on the tile, outline the number using a pencil.
Step #7: Next
- Begin heating the glue gun and flip the small tile strips to the back side. Add glue to the back side of one strip at a time and quickly turn it over and press it down so that it adheres in the proper location. Remove residual glue on tile immediately (carefully with a wet sponge, since it is hot).
- You can display your number by leaning it onto your house wall or you can attach it with your fixture of preference. Don't forget to erase the pencil lines!
- Please take our survey (answer questions concerning house number part of survey): http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G3WKLC3