Step #1: Examples of WebHeadsPrevNext
- Here are a few completed heads (not yet installed into hedge) wrapped up and ready to go.
- The excess webbing you see will be spread out on the bush or hedge once installed.
Step #2: You will need ....PrevNext
- Doll parts!! The more the merrier! Here is a pile of whole heads and half-shells of doll faces .... doll arms ... doll legs .... you get the idea. Some have been scorched from a previous year's zombie theme or ???
- You will also need some webbing they sell for spiderweb decor at the party stores, etc. It comes in a sort of sheet of threads that you can spread apart into webbing. I tear off small bits for the wraps.
Step #3: Lay out the webbing.PrevNext
- Tear a small (1/2 inch or so) strand off the webbing mass. Yank or pull on this to "fluff" it up, then spread it out on a smooth surface.
- Fold layer over once to create a thicker rectangle of webbing.
- Place doll head in center of web.
- Cup the head and pull the webbing up around the head, like wrapping a gift basket from bottom to top. Stretch out the strands to fully envelop the head.
- You should end up with a "ponytail" of webbing on top of the doll head, ready to tie off.
Step #4: Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down!PrevNext
- Once you have the wrapping up around the head you need to tie it securely with a length of string. I am using black string so it will disappear in the dark but it really does not show much if it's another color.
- You can use the string to hang the head or secure it to a bush branch to help keep goblins from running off with your props.
Step #5: Another approach to wrapping ....PrevNext
- The previous example wrapped the web around the head in a "gift basket" style (bottom to top). This example will roll the head in the webbing in a "cocoon" style. Great for half-shell heads and small parts.
- Lay the head on one side of your web. Fold web over in a criss-cross fashion, roll over once, then tuck in web to secure. Continue rolling up head until 3/4 of webbing has been used.
- Turn head sideways so that remaining webbing is above the head.
Step #6: PrevNext
- Secure with String!
- Same idea as the full heads: secure the remaining webbing up on top of the head with string. Add a spider for decor.
Step #10: PrevNext
- That's All, Folks!
- Quick and easy. Next I will place them into the hedge and then spread out more webbing over the entire hedge. Then add the big spiders, etc. I'll post a hedge pic soon.