THE REPLICATOR 2 IS THE NEWEST ITERATION OF MAKERBOT’S wildly popular Replicator. Now faster, quieter, and with a paper-thin 100-micron minimum layer height, the Replicator 2 is worthy of its 2.0 badge. It sports a new steel frame, oil-impregnated bronze linear bearings, and a 37% larger build volume, and it’s optimized for PLA.
To read the full review, buy the Make: Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing.
2013 MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing
- 3D Printers Buyer's Guide — 15 Reviewed
- Getting Started in 3D
- Learn the Software Toolchain
- 3D Design for Beginners
- 3D Printing without a Printer
Just Released! 2014 MAKE Ultimate Guide To 3D Printing
We want to hear from you! Share your experiences with this machine, what you like, what you don't like, where you think our test team got it wrong. We hope you’ll join in the discussion. We’d also love to see the things that you design and print out.
- Primo Features LCD control panel, cold pause, paper-thin layer heights
- Print volume 11.2″×6″×6.1″
- Print speed 80–100mm/sec
- Print material PLA
- Resolution (z-axis) 0.10mm–0.34mm
- Machine software MakerWare
- Slicing software MakerWare
- OS supported Windows, Mac, Linux
- Open Source No
- Price as tested $2,199
- Pedigree MakerBot Replicator
- Print without PC? Yes, SD card