Maker challenge: Wiring a House

Images-26 Here’s a good tip from the comments on our Maker challenge: Wiring a House – I’m an architect, AND I recently renovated my own house from bare studs on up. I’m with the guy who said to run conduit. It’s called ENT (Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing), some contractors call it Smurf Tube, cause it’s usually blue. You run it from junction juntion box to box inside the walls and cover the standard boxes with a standard wall plate. You can then run any type of wire in them in the future and you can run the wire anywhere in the system by skipping from box to box. Even if you run structured cable, run it in smurf. Link.


current: @adafruit - previous: MAKE, popular science, hackaday, engadget, fallon, braincraft ... howtoons, 2600...

View more articles by Phillip Torrone