The Rocketbelt convention 2006 is September 23 – 24 @ the Niagara Aerospace Museum, New York and looks to be an incredible event! I have a thing for rocket belts, it’s a Maker doing what we all dream about – flight. Most of the rocket belt efforts seem to be a labor of love and have a deep rooted Maker spirit – if you plan to attend this, let us know– [via] – Article & link.
Some of the confirmed attendants / speakers:
- Harold “Hal” Graham, first ever rocketbelt pilot, piloted the “JFK” and “Pentagon” flights.
- Peter L. Kedziersky, the second Bell rocketbelt pilot.
- William “Bill” Suitor Bell rocketbelt pilot, 007 Thunderball pilot, Olympic rocketman, 1200+ flights.
- John Spencer Bell’s Chief Test Pilot at Bell Aerospace from 1969 thru 1972 he flew the rocket belt in several configurations both tethered and free.
- Ky Michaelson with his rocketbelt, AND rocketchair.
- Stuart Ross First European rocketbelt pilot. Will lecture on what it takes to build a rocketbelt…
- Erik Bengtsson hydrogen peroxide specialist, and hydrogen peroxide supplier of several rocketbelt pilots will lecture on H202,”H2O2 as a rocket propellant “.
- Anthony Ho “The Flying Hawaiian” with his rocketbelt.
- Jeremy McGrane with his rocketbelt.
- Andrew Filo with his 1:1 scale model rocketbelt, will use his rocketbelt as a real-time trainer for the JetPak NG game, so flying his belt connected to the game like a real rocketbelt pilot and lectures on his other 1:12 scale model rocketbelt (Andrew gave a great talk at Maker Faire!).
- And more…!