Captain Pedantic shows you how to make a pocket-sized water bottle launcher – “There are plenty of bottle rocket plans out there, but I hadn’t seen anyone use a quick release coupler as a launch mechanism before. Plus, all other launchers are so large, it seemed to me all you need is the coupler and a valve. I decided to make two so me and the girl can go to the park and have a shootout (after all, the bike pump is hers).” – Link.
- Water Bottle Jetpack – Link.
- Easy to build, easy to use, water bottle launcher! – Link.
- MAKE VIDEO PODCAST – Soda Bottle Rocket (video) – Link.
- Join the MAKE Instructables group – Link.
From the pages of MAKE:
- Soda Bottle Rocket – You don’t have to be Burt Rutan to start your own rocket program. With a few empty soda bottles and some PVC pipe, you can build a high-performance water rocket. MAKE 05 – Page 78 – Subscribers–read this article now in your digital edition!