If you need to program PICs but don’t have a serial port, here’s a USB programmer from Carl’s electronics for $44 –
“USB ports are just about standard on all PC’s now a days. So this is our first PIC programmer using the USB port. Just in case, we have also left a standard serial port connection.
- USB/Serial Port Connection
- Software that can be updated as new Pics are released
- Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP Compatible Software
- ICSP (In Circuit Serial Programming) Connector
- Quality PCB and Silkscreen for Easy Assembly
- Complete Assembly and Programming Instructions
USB/Serial Pic Programmer” – Link.
- PIC microcontrollers – a beginner’s guide – Link.
- Get your PIC on – free PIC programming resources – Link.
- HOW TO – JDM2 based PIC Programmer- Link.
- Programming PIC microcontrollers in BASIC- Link.
From the pages of MAKE:
- Microcontroller Programming – Easy-to-program chips tell circuitry to do what you want. MAKE 04 -Page 159 – Subscribers–read this article now in your digital edition!