Clever – Matt is using a simple power supply from a $5 one use camera to power a Nixie Tube, he writes –
“A Nixie Tube is a glass enclosure with what I believe to be neon in the inside. There is an anode with 10 elements, each representing 0-9. These were used before the 1970’s when the LCD and LED did not exist.
I found some at the local surplus electronics shop, tore a power supply from a disposable camera and had success getting it to fire; they’re pretty great and I intend to make a killer clock.” – Link.
- Single tube Nixie clock – Link.
- Maker of the day – David Forbes, Nixie-display clocks … – Link.
- HOW TO – Powering Nixie Tubes… – Link.
- Tiny Nixie clock – Link.
- The most accurate nixie clock – ATOMIC!.. – Link.
- Nixie clocks & kits for collectors and designers – Link.
- Nixie clock gallery – Link.
- More! – Link.