Dale has some good news – the Maker Faire proposal deadline has been extended!
We are getting many, many terrific proposals for Maker Faire. Nearly half of them have come in at the last two days. To relieve this crunch, we’ve decided to extend the deadline about two weeks to Midnight (PST) Sunday March 18.
We will begin reviewing all of those proposals submitted by the deadline and follow up on them very soon. In other words, if you got your proposal in by the deadline, you’ll hear from us before the date of the new extended deadline. You’ll be ahead of the rest of them.
Last year, we did accept a bunch of proposals up until the week before the Faire because it’s hard to say no to cool projects. However, accepting late proposals means that the programs and maps for attendees weren’t as helpful as they could be. So, to demonstrate that we learned something from having done this once, we really want to give ourselves (and you) the time to do it right. Thanks for your help.
Finally, here’s some ideas for topics that we’re looking for:
- Halloween projects (props, costumes, interactive displays, music)
- Recycled things
- Ham Radio
- Weather stations
- Cars (hot rods, custom vans, especially with a tech flavor)
- Airplanes and Aeronautics (models, etc)
- History of Science & Engineering
- Cool RC Toys & Mods
- Video Games (retro, arcade and more)
- Looms (historical or unusual)
- Sewing demonstrations
- Old Farm or Garden Equipment (Tractors, etc.)
- Temporary Structures (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
We are really excited to see the wide variety of projects already proposed.