HomeRoasters.org, a community of avid (rabid?) home coffee roasters, is running the first-ever Roaster Building Competition. There are only a few days left in the contest (deadline is July 31st, midnight, Pacific time). The winning rig will be announced on August 15th. Submitted roasters are available for viewing on the association’s Discussion Forum.
- Homemade and seriously modified coffee roasters – Link
- The Solar Powered Coffee Roaster – Link.
- Hot Rod
- home coffee roasters – Link.
- Hacking Coffee Machines – Link.
- Coffee Art (video) – Link.
- Homemade coffee roaster – The Uglyroast – Link.
From the pages of MAKE:
- DIY Coffee – The Bottomless Portafilter, Mod your espresso maker’s filter holder for a tastier cup. Hot On The Spot, Get consistent shots by adding precise temperature control to your espresso maker. Automate – What good is a coffee pot if it can’t be controlled from the internet?
- Coffee Roaster – Lots of folks think that quaffing a cup of coffee from boutique beans comes close to nirvana, but roasting your own beans will bring you even closer. That’s why I call this roaster the Nirvana Machine. MAKE 08 – Page 110. Subscribers–read this article now in your digital edition!