As we head in to the holidays we’ll have our gift guides (like this one) and we’ll have some surprises, but we’re also going to feature some of the new things in the Maker store we’re really excited about this year. Let’s start off with TOOLS! Tools are the the types of gifts that give all year long!
The MAKE:it – Electronic Makers Toolkit ($99). Hand picked by our Makers this kit features everything you need to get started with electronic construction. When people ask me how to get started and what tools to get when learning electronics this is the way to go.
- Soldering Iron
- PCB Vise Panavise “Jr”
- Small (7.8″) DeSoldering Pump
- Soldering Stand with sponge
- 0.5lb 60/40 Solder
- Desoldering Braid
- Wire Cutters/Stripper
- Shear Cutters
- 7-Function 2000-Count Multimeter
MAKE:it – Electronic Makers Toolkit – Link.
MAKE: Warranty Voider ($39.95) Small enough to fit on your key chain, the MAKE Warranty Voider is the perfect companion for mobile fixing, hacking and MacGyvering. This is a limited offering with custom “MAKE: Warranty Voider” laser lovingly etched with care using a 35w laser. Squirt P4 (plier version) also available AND a new “MAKE bomb defuser” version too!
- Electrical Wire Cutters (spring loaded)
- 20, 18, 16, 14, and 12 gauge wire strippers
- Straight Knife
- Extra-Small Screwdriver
- Small Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Wood/Metal File
- Bottle Opener
- Lanyard Attachment
- Length: 2.25 in. / 5.5 cm closed
- Weight: 1.8 ounces / 52 grams
MAKE: Warranty Voider – Leatherman “Squirt” E4 (electronics version) – Link.
X-Band Saw ($199) – STOUT Tool Corp brings you the most revolutionary tool to hit the industry since the cordless drill, the world’s only one-hand cordless band saw! Ease of use plus the ability to cut virtually anything makes this saw a Maker’s Choice.
- World’s only one-hand cordless band saw
- Compact, lightweight design reduces muscle strain (CTS)
- Complete projects faster, safer, and easier
- Powerful, versatile — cuts virtually anything
- Portability means taking the saw to the materials, not the other way around
- Quiet, comfortable to use
- No vise required
X-Band Saw – Link.