The MAKE:NYC gang sent in the details of their holiday contest!
Holiday recycling contest at Make:NYC
First Prize: $100
Second Prize: $50
Third Prize: $25
- Create a new item/project/gizmo from holiday seasonal waste. Use wrapping paper, product
- cartons, lights, decorations, treeâ€¦ anything youâ€™d toss away once the season was over.
- You may use some non-seasonal items, but it must consist primarily of recycled goods.
- No perishable food items.
- Creations need to be well documented and the documentation must be made freely available.
- Judging criteria will be Most Creative.
- Creations are due into the next Make:NYC meeting, in late January â€” date TBA.
Things you might want to consider:
- Make the item as useful as possible. Strictly decorative items wonâ€™t score you many points.
- Donâ€™t celebrate much? We wonâ€™t mind if youâ€™ve bought some materials just for the contest.
- Have fun and enjoy your holiday, just donâ€™t let anyone toss out your ideas!
Bring your completed project to the January Make:NYC Meeting, which will be announced soon her eon the Make:NYC blog. Holiday Recycling Contest at Make:NYC – Link.