We’re excited to bring you a new contest for 2008! Chronicle Books and CRAFT Magazine are bringing you a contest for all you Amy Butler fans and sewers around the
US world! For a two-month period crafters can submit pictures of their own Amy Butler inspired bag online to the flickr group called ‘Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest‘. At the end of the two-month period Amy Butler will pick a top winner and five runners up among the entries.
Amy Butler shares, “I am so excited about this unique promotion that brings together both of my publishers in a fun contest that involves the larger community. I’ve always been so impressed with the collaboration in the online crafting world and this is a perfect example of that spirit.”
Contest Update 1/2/07
Thanks for all your comments and early entries to the Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest! We listened to you and we’re happy to announce that we’re now opening up the contest to participants outside the US and Canada, there are no geographic restrictions on entries. Apologies also for not being more clear on what we mean by an ‘Amy Butler Inspired Bag’, we wanted to keep it pretty open to interpretation but to clarify, people may use one of Amy’s patterns, her fabric, or just make something that was inspired by her very distinct style. Amy’s style reminds us of Sunday morning trips to the flea market, vintage fabric, sunny Spring afternoons, and casual comfort. But that’s just us– you could be inspired by her in a different way, if you aren’t familiar with Amy and her designs poke around her site at amybutlerdesign.com and then get to sewing!
The grand prize winner will receive a Janome Memory Craft 6600P Sewing Machine with a retail value of $1999, Amy Butler Fabric, Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern (published by STC), Amy Butler’s In Stitches, and the Sew-It Kit (both published by Chronicle Books).
The five runner-ups will win a copy of Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern, Amy Butler’s In Stitches, and the Sew-It Kit.
1. No purchase necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
2. Contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Time (ET) on 1/01/08 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on 2/29/08.
U.S. residents only Everyone may enter by submitting their information to the ‘Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest’ flickr group so it is received by 11:59 PM (ET) on 2/29/08. Limit: one entry per person. Each entry will be considered to win the grand prize and decided upon by Amy Butler.
3. Prizes/Approximate Retail Values (ARV): The featured grand prize will be the following items: One (1) Janome Memory Craft 6600P Sewing Machine (MSRP $1999), One (1) Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern ($35), One (1) Amy Butler’s In Stitches ($24.95), One (1) Stitch-It Kit ($24.95), Amy Butler Fabric ($60). (ARV: $2,143.90). Five Runner-Ups will receive: One (1) Amy Butler’s Midwest Modern ($35), One (1) Amy Butler’s In Stitches ($24.95), One (1) Stitch-It Kit ($24.95). (ARV: $84.90). Sponsors: Chronicle Books and Amy Butler.
4. Winners will be selected by Amy Butler from among all eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail, mail or phone. If a prize or notification is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner may forfeit prize if Sponsors are unable to contact him or her within 7 days of first attempted notification. No prize substitutions will be permitted, except Sponsors may substitute any prize with one of equal or greater retail value. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity including online posting without additional compensation.
5. Contest is open to adults, 18 or older. Employees of the Sponsors, their affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families of each are not eligible to enter or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
7. Sponsors are not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
Head on over to the Amy Butler Sew Inspiring Contest flickr group here. – Link.