I’ve been looking for a small set of speakers that I could pop my iPod Shuffle and counterfeit iPod Shuffle clone for my basement area with the treadmill. I’ve also wanted a more portable way of playing FM and recorded audio from my shuffle clone- and I think I’ve found it, the Griffin Tunebox is $39 and after a few days of putting it through its paces, I really like it – here’s a quick review with photos!…I pretty much use an iPod Shuffle and the counterfeit version (called the Super Tangent) for most of podcast / music listening. Lately, I’ve been hitting the treadmill to get rid of those 10 “conference pounds” one gains from going to technology events. If I jog, I can just slap the shuffle or shuffle clone to the armband, but downstairs I’ve been looking for a small speaker system that I can move from one side of the room or another depending on what I’m up to. I hacked up a couple solutions, but I thought I’d try out the $39 Griffin TuneBox.
- Total power output of 2+2 Watts for amazing power and volume
- 3.5mm jack input (compatible with other MP3 players and devices)
- Stylish design that complements Apple’s award-winning industrial design
- Functional design keeps shuffle controls handy
- Dimensions: 4.32 inches x 2.44 inches x 4.4 inches
- DC power cable for use in office or home
- Slim design AC adapter fits easily on crowded power strips or wall outlets
- Input: 100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz 0.5A
- Output: 12VDC 1.0A 12.0W
Here it is, without a Shuffle, or Shuffle like device.
Plugs in via AC, but I think I’ll be able to make a battery pack pretty easily.
The USB dock section, plugs right in and charges the shuffle or shuffle-like device.
The audio out plugs in to cable and then that plugs in the side.
Shuffle in action with the TuneBox.
Downstairs, running and it’s pretty loud- I only listen to spoken word, audio books and such- but it’s slammin’.
Here’s the Luxpro shuffle clone, it also fits perfectly and since it’s an FM tuner, this doubles as a radio!!
So that’s about it- simple, loud, works, small not too expensive either. Griffin’s site here.